Even though it’s been rainy, I’m still able to enjoy watching all the fledglings feeding. This cute downy mom was busy feeding her baby during the early evening hours.
By signing up for the Birds and Blooms photography newsletter, I have picked up some tips for being ready to capture photos or videos of my backyard birds. Here’s some things that have helped me:
- I keep my camera in the same spot so I can quickly grab it when a photog moment arises.
- I use the overnight hours to recharge my battery (think I’ll buy a spare for a quick swap-out).
- Stage an area in your garden with a blind so you can hide near a feeder or plant (have not done this yet).
- Carry a spray bottle/spritzer for capturing that “morning dew” look on flower blossoms.
- Be patient and expect to snap a LOT of photos to get a good one (haven’t mastered this yet!).
Do you have areas of your yard/garden set up for photo opps? What tricks do you use to capture great pictures?